6.20.2008

going along with this golf theme...

I have the hardest time planning surprises because I cant hide secrets well. But I threw Devin a surprise party at our place last Sunday for his birthday soon coming up. I got the brilliant idea from Devin's cousin, Courtney Killpack, to throw Devin a golf party, have a putting course, and make a golf cake. It was greatCakes like this one I found were my inspiration. But after coming back to reality-who can really make a round cake?- We did some crazy planning, lots of trips to the store, and all the help of Sierra and John, I'm proud of what we came up with.just a bunch of dyed coconut, mini cupcakes, and loads of frosting

our wannabe round golf balls and sweet golf cart made by John Prina

Blowin out the candle! Devin will be 24 on June 25
Thanks to everyone who made this party great!

6 comments:

Caitlin said...

I happened to see your blog on someone else blog and I LOVE IT!! You two are so cute! And the cake looks great! So creative!

lauren said...

wow! i found your blog! weird! did you decorate that cake? because you are pro.

bev said...

Mare your cake is darling. So creative. Fun party!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh the golfing party looks so good! I wish I could of been there! You are such a good party planner! We should start our own party planning business. We could call it Killpack & Killpack Inc. I miss you guys. It was so good to see you at he wedding!

hailey said...

I'm so happy you guys are going to be moving in! If you need help painting or whatever let me know. Once you get these apartments decorated and painted how you want them they're pretty awesome. I'm so excited!

Prina Family said...

post something else already! Im sick of looking at that golf cake!