6.02.2008

WALDENESQUE

I took a class last semester at BYU that changed my finicial life-and thus affecting my whole life. It was a business leader entrepreneurship class. The theme was centered around getting out of the finicial rat race that America is stuck in: get up, work, spend, sleep. get up, work more so u can spend more, sleep etc, but never being satisfied. ie 'spending your money for that which is of no worth.' He taught us how to be free of the burden of always working for more money by living simply. Once free, you can truly use all your time to serve(He is retired at 45 and lecturers all around). He termed this kind living as "Waldenesque." Walden is a pond where Henry David Thoreau went and lived for 2 years. After doing so, he wrote and titled a book after it. Luckily Walden pond is 15 minutes away from us. I got to see this dream of mine! It was so inspirational for Devin and I.


The entrance to the 44o acres of state preservation

cute gift shop


There is a beach, fully equipped with lifeguards, sand, and buoys. Where is my swimsuit when I need it?



Crazy people in wetsuits swimming the entire pond! It was freezing too.

So simple, and profound.

The view from where Thoreau lived

He lived in little hut this big, on this location. I wanna live Waldenesque, but man, thats too much for me. Hope this inspired some of you to live a little more simply as it did Devin and I.

No comments: