11.08.2008

only i would do this

yesterday i had a new experience. I was driving home from school on my way to teach dance. I had injured my wrist earlier in the day and was trying to drive one handed. As I'm coming up the 5th west which turns into state street i notice alarmingly that my speedometer said 72 mph. "woah, slow down mare," i think. yet, as i slow down to 45 mph i notice everyone start passing me by. luckily, our house is close by. i had to grab some things before teaching and thought that when i got back in the car the malfunction would be gone. I get to university avenue before i see an unusual reading again. as i'm going down the hill toward the freeway it reads 75. "what? maybe it will stop when i get to the freeway" the on ramp i start out going about 60. at this point i'm wondering if my sense of speed is completely out of whack. did i have no clue that i was going so fast? it sure didn't feel like i was speeding. you should also know i have copophobia-i'm petrified of getting tickets. so from university parkway to the center street exit my heart rate is sky high. i was in the slow lane, as you can notice, with cars passing me by. i broke one hundred and concluded there must be a problem! i looked a little closer at the speedometer. if you can tell by the picture it says km/h. kilometers per hour. 1 kilometer is roughly .6 miles. apparently i had hit the button that converts them. never do that unless you want a heart attack while on the freeway.

8 comments:

Kendrick and Hailey said...

Haha! So funny. I hate it when things like that happen and you just think,
"Am I totally going crazy?" I'm glad you didn't have any close encounters with any cops. Love ya!

Tina said...

That is so funny.

melissa marie said...

Ha ha love that story! I miss you girl. Let's play soon, I'm jealous my husband sees you more than I do.

matt and eve lloyd said...

ha ha ha- Thank you for making my Monday morning not such a drag with that wonderful story. Do you drive like a grandma? I sure do! Miss seeing you-

GLAZIERFUN said...

What a funny story - you and Carly are so much alike!! Haha!!

Jon, Kaylene and Laila said...

Mar this would be perfect if you lived in the mother land canada which... yours truely is apart of!

kaylene

Becky Melville said...

Mare! It is good to know that marriage hasn't changed you too much! I miss you!

lauh-ren said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that's all i have to say