3.15.2009

my hunt


i'm so interested in polaroid cameras, but before i make the plunge from digital to film i wanted advice from someone who knows.
are holgas the best value polaroid to buy? they have them at urban o, so i don't know of other options.
are they hard to get the hang of?

a few things i love about polas:
square pics are better than rectangles
the fuzzy edges
its plastic
the informality and unpredictablity of the pics
the rad camera color options
they are on sale at urban o.


a few things i dont know that i will love
remembering to take off the lens cap- i'm sure i'll get far too many black pics
paying for film

ps... i'm obsessed with these pictures of venice taken with a holga

pps... if you have any camera knowledge please help out!

5 comments:

Mark, Eko and Leoniss Burroughs said...

I love film, the only thing is that with film the quality is great except if you want far away pictures and its a lot harder to edit and if you dont take it to the right place to develop then the whole roll may get ruin. but film pictures are beautiful. so they have their ups and downs.

Tyler and Lara said...

Marilee! I'm so glad you found my blog because it let me look at yours. You and Devin are so stinkin cute! I love your wedding pics and it looks like you guys have way too much fun together :)

If you wanted to come in and get your teeth cleaned I can sign you up. It's about a 3 hour cleaning though(because it's a school), but it's only 5 bucks. I can do any tuesday or thursday at 8:00am or wed at 1:00pm. Let me know if you really want to brave the 3 hour appointment :)

So we should get together sometime and do something fun! Tyler and I are always up for making new friends :)

Chelsea Michelle said...

I love these! I wish I was good at taking pictures, but I am not. However, I love that type of look. Slash, I think I looked at your AMAZING wedding album like a million times. All my friends and I drooled over that one for a good long while. You are stunning. Good luck with camera! I really have no good advice I just felt like writing haha! Have a good one!

lauh-ren said...

hey! i have one of these. so i know some about it. basically, they are very fun because you can do so many things with them. you can use holga 120 film or convert it for other film, like 35 mm. The one drawback is that they are expensive. I saw that they are on sale at UO, but you should check Amazon as well because I found mine for cheaper on there. The film costs about $6 a roll I believe, and then $20 to develop. I rarely use mine because I am too poor to develop it :( haha. If you have any other questions, let me know!

A "cheery" disposition said...

dont you just love holga camaras?! those are fablous pics.