9.15.2010

as my nana used to say...


don't you think people have sayings that you remember them by? it is not something necessarily they've said, but something you just remember them by.

-my sister's is, "i never regret being a little too kind."
-nephi's was, "i will go and do the things which the lord hath commanded."
-my dance teacher's was, "excuses...stink." with a little in between there.
-devin's dad saying is "stick til the task til it sticks to you, beginners are many, enders are few."
-my favorite professor's was, "widest to the world."
-grandpa killpack's is, "if" by rudyard kipling.
-and tonight nana, my mother's grandmother, has a phrase that has been motivating me.

simple: don't go to bed with dirty dishes in the sink.

i'm trying nana, i really am. i was never good at this before belgium. but having not too many dishes to use the next day, washing dishes by hand and thinking of you doing the same, and wanting to follow better in your footsteps leaves a wet, but nevertheless empty, sink overnight all in your behalf. hope you are smiling up there. i love you. i miss you. thanks for leaving a limitless effect on me.

1 comment:

The Photo Pharm said...

sad to say there may be some in your sink right now... I'm such a loser. :)