4.26.2011

adieu to you twenty two

my heart is swollen and my eyes are spilling over as one year of my life closes and the dawn  of a new one opens.

honestly, this past has been the hardest year of my life.
yet, God has blessed me in so many ways.
things like feeling love from loved ones whether near or far.
a bath that is getting warmed for me as a i type,
and having good health.
things like a job where i can wear skirts everyday, 
reaching for new goals,
and branching out past my normal comfort zone.
things like shoulders being made stronger to bear more,
tastebuds made sensitive to appreciate more,
and eyes made wet to feel more.
things like another culture to appreciate,
a family to re-adore,
and one more person coming home to stretch my heart to its limits and find new room to love immensely.
i think the stretching of the past year has made me a little more ready and able to be the person i know i can be.

“I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.” -Mother Teresa.

sionara twenty two. i shall not miss you.
bring on what lies ahead.
the festivities at the killpacks with fellow bday celebrators

4 comments:

LaCimOuRiTsEn said...

Happy Birthday, That cake looks delicious!!!

Ellery Pugmire said...

I feel like such a schmuck. I'm sorry I didn't wish you a happy birthday- to be honest, I never knew the date of your birth. I'm sorry. I love you darling. It was great to hear your voice even in e-mail form. xoxo, Elle

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

perfect.

April said...

love how you write! happy birthday!