6.06.2011

my beloved parents

this year on my birthday i sat for a moment and cried. it was a milestone i proudly (yet barely) passed and my emotions ran high. 
today i feel the same emotions running high. it could be because devin just left for a week of scout camp, and i'm never as good without him. or it could be because i'm a hormonal woman with a baby brewing in me. but i think i know the real reason.

on july first my parents will move outside america for three years to serve their God and our church.
they have been called to serve as mission presidents in the el salvador, san salvador mission.


in every way i adore my parents.
as someone on the verge of becoming a parent, i adore them.
imagining leaving my unborn child for three years makes me adore them even more. 
knowing they would and will drop their entire lives at a moments notice when a prophet of God calls makes adore them even most.

they are the saints, scriptorians, and support i want someday to be. 
and they are here for a brief three weeks more. 
i'm one hundred percent certain that our lives will never be the same after this experience in the most positive way possible. 

12 comments:

The Photo Pharm said...

cute little mare. i can hardly believe it and almost posted on the same topic today. I miss you too much. Enjoy your last 3 weeks with them. And be sure to give them one last big squeeze for us. :)

Caitlin said...

What a sweet post. You will be such a great parent!

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

(this is me saying nothing to say something... if you get what I mean)

Unknown said...

I didn't know! That is so awesome! :)

sherryandbryon said...

I can't believe we are down to only 3 weeks! We will all miss them so much...

Jen and Lance said...

Oh wow Mare!! I wish I was on a mission where your parents were the mission presidents. They will bless so many lives. Glad you can have a good outlook on them leaving. Best of luck to them and your family

hailey said...

They will be incredible and you will be shocked at the extra amount of support and love you feel while they are gone. Going there and also having them gone when I came home was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but it was by far one of the greatest blessings in my life. I remember feeling a serious void when they came home because the Lord had blessed our family so much while they were gone. It makes me cry to think of how blessed the sweet members and people in El Salvador will be because your parents will be there serving them. My dad told me that the maid we had while we were there is going to be their maid too. I still can't believe all the mission connections our families have.:) All of your family is in my prayers! Love you!

Unknown said...

I love your parents, I love you and I love reading your blog. Every time I do I'm reminded that I have the best examples surrounding me. Give them my love and have the best 3 weeks yet.

melissa marie said...

oh wow i cannot think of two better people to be serving in that position. that is splendid!

mckell said...

Your sweet parents! I know their examples have blessed my life and many others. And now they're off to spread the love. Great people! Great faith. Great you. How perfect that you and Rach get to take this on together. Happy 3 more weeks!

michelle said...

Oh I love your mom! Good luck to them!! they will be amazing! You are going to be the most perfect mother in the world! You inspire me!

Heather said...

Are you serious. My parents served in the el salvador, san salvador west mission in 96-99. I went with them and loved it. They are going to love that place. My whole family loves that place. My parents are thinking of going down their for the temple dedication in August, they are probably thinking of stopping by the mission home. I miss that place so much. I have most my childhood memories from their. They will have a blast their and meet the most amazing families in el salvador. Oh let me know if it is the west or east mission they are going to.