11.02.2011

kiss for mama

cope has always had a thing for his daddy. after two weeks away, the day devin came home from china cope smiled for the first time. for a little while after, he would only smile when dev did this specific silly gesture and sound, no matter how ridiculously often i tried mimicking the goofy sound. devin gives cope a bath more frequently than i do, and gets smiles endlessly. not the case with my baths.
i'm excited to see their father son bond really bloom.


in the first few months i was sure cope was gonna be a daddy's boy. he probably really is, but the other day he giggled for me and still does giggle for me. thank you son for letting mama know you love her too.
i guess i'm just interpreting something small like a first giggle, as that special mama's boy connection i so hope for. one thing is for sure, i'm glad to have another little protector around, another someone who will treat me royally like his daddy does. i can't wait to do things like scout banquets, throwing baseballs in the backyard, and shopping for mission suits (i don't like thinking about those long 2 years yet just the suit shopping). i have zero experience with merit badges, sports rules, or serving a mission-but i want to become well versed in whatever it takes to raise a righteous son.



3 comments:

The Photo Pharm said...

oh my. every time I see a picture of that little guy I want to be in utah. :)

matt and eve lloyd said...

i love that picture! i have no doubt that this little boy love love loves his momma! and i totally agree with you, already dreading the two years away for the mission. i think about it sometimes and it makes my heart hurt. we're really in trouble!! you have the cutest boy around!

Eliza Cook said...

Marileeeesta. How do you feel about that nickname? You are so cute! And you have a baby! Adorable. I love his eyes. Also I love looking at your blog! I hope things are going so well for you!