4.15.2009

it is not unusual...

...for devin to find something he likes and not stop thinking about, and pursuing it for days on end.

prime example: me.
another less important, materialistic, more recent, prime example:

we saw this car this past weekend and in those four days since devin has :

1.made sure utah laws allow for right-side steering wheels.
check. (if you look closely you can tell this one has one, probably the main reason he is in love)
2.looked up all the functioning '73 mini's everywhere from san fran to london(the hub of right handed cars, refer to number one)-
check. although they are rare, this didn't stop him
3.discovered shipping rates from overseas.
check +.
4.learned about gas mileage.
check plus again.
5.learned about crash ratings.
no check. i told him state street is the fastest we'd take this baby.
6.tried to convince me that i can learn to drive stick.
no check. (i'm sure i wouldn't mind a few good hours in church parking lot, laughing with my best friend, but i had to put up a fight.)

alas, he has found his dream car: a '73 mini, with the checkers on top- or maybe i just added that part.
secretly i kind of love it too-

no we will not be buying a car like this anytime soon.

3 comments:

Jen and Lance said...

mMare! I was just thinking about YOU today and how YOU are one of my favorite people! Really, I miss having you and your incredibly sweet spirit and beautiful dancing in rehearsals. You don't even know. But, thanks for passing along good news! I love Bree! You two would make great sewing buddies. I have a lot of things to say, First, I have Toms shoes and love them! Second, Your little dancing night looked like a BLAST and you look gorgeous as always. Third, I love that car and hope you get it, and Forth, where did you decide to go in Europe? Love you!

The Photo Pharm said...

hey little lady! For some reason you and I and our hubbies always are going through the same stages... haha

Anyhoo... we just got a new car...and we almost got manual but I convinced Jordan not to and we got automatic with tip-tronic... whatever that means. Something like you can switch over into manual. It's a fun little bugger.

But you should have seen me in the church parking lot trying this out. Oh dear. :)

Tina said...

My first car was a 1975 red mini and I loved it. I called him the "Red Baron".