4.16.2009

Europe awaits

This summer we are going to europe to visit devin's mission. We'll be spending most time here in stockholm, sweden.


Devin's friends from the mission are letting us stay in their cute little "stuga" or cottage in the countryside of sweden.our venture begins in amsterdam. stay just one day there

Devin's mission presidents live in london and we'll be spending two nights there.
there we plan to take dev to his first broadway showfrom there it is off to france for 3-4 days. i'm maybe most excited for this
due to my eye accident last time i was in europe, i wasn't able to go to any of these places like i had planned. i saw a video of my friends doing a 300 foot bungey jump in between two canyons in interlocken, switzerland. i've wanted to go back ever since. we'll definitely be making a stop there. I aslo kinda wanna go sky diving.


after interlocken, its a night train over to italy. this is where we are torn. we only have 3-4 days in italy. i wanna see rome,venice,
and cinque terra, but i dont think we can fit them all in. any suggestions from you well-traveled on which two are most worth seeing?

after italy we fly to sweden, spend our week there. we'll spend a day in denmark on our way to
berlin- where our returning flight departs.
we couldnt be more excited but need all the advice we can get....?!!! let's hear from you: favorite stops, sights, shops, etc... thanks!

15 comments:

matt and eve lloyd said...

WHAT!!!! I had no idea you were planning this wonderful, fabulous, amazing trip!! I'm super duper jealous. I can't give you much advice because I love everything in Europe, especially Italy. (Sweden is terrific too Devin) And I'm so jealous you're going to Wicked!! I went last night in Salt Lake by myself. That's right, I'm that dedicated. It's simply magnificent. Can't wait to hear all about the trip plans...sounds dreamy!

Karly Barker said...

Ok I am SO beyond jealous! Where did Devin serve? I wish I could go to Amsterdam so bad. That is where my dad served... anyway. I went on a study abroad to London so I am so jealous you get to go back. While in London you MUST MUST MUST go to Primark. It is basically the cheapest BEST clothing store I have ever been to. It has gobs of people so it is best to go first thing in the morning. You also need to go to Wagamamas and Giraffe to eat. The food there is terrible - these 2 are great! I have a whole long list I have sent to friends - but it looks like you've been there before so I won't bore you. Have a blast!

Karly Barker said...

Oh and - I have a HUGE favor. Did you happen to go to the sewing review? I have lost my car keys and couldn't get to campus in time. If you did is there ANYWAY you could email me your notes. So sorry!

Kayla said...

WOW! how fun for you guys. i'm definately jealous! sorry i'm not much help. I've never been to any of those places. I wish!

Hightower said...

It all looks beautuiful! I'm so jealous ; )

Karly Barker said...

Ok for sure - what is your email?

Ashley said...

Sounds like quite the trip! Wow! Have a great time--wish I had some places to recommend for you to see, but we'll be looking forward to reading all about it on your blog :) Have a great and safe time!!

PS--I guess that means no Boston this summer :(

Unknown said...

Oh my heavens to betsy! This sounds amazing! And how great is it that you get to spend it with your love :) I wish I could give you advice but I've never been to any of these places...someday! I'm not gonna lie I'm a bit jealous, but so happy for you! You're going to have a blast! When do you leave and how long are you going to be gone?

lauh-ren said...

guess what! i might be in france as well!

Britney and Kevin said...

I wish I could say that I've been to Europe. That's so awesome you guys get to go...before you have kids, good! Part of Nathan's mission was in Amsterdam. My diamond on my ring is from there. That's my connection to Europe!

lauh-ren said...

if I do go, it'll probably be in june

Jen and Lance said...

Mare! That is going to be the most incredible trip! WOW! You picked some good places. Lance is coming out after our tour and we're going to London and Spain. Sounds kind of boring after hearing about your trip. I'm glad you posted it! I was wondering! Have so much fun!

Sierra and Ryan said...

I have no idea what you can do in Erote but I know that I am super jealous! I am so excited for you! Take lots of pictures and I can't wait to hear all the details!

Rebekah said...

Ahhhhh! I'm so jealous and excited for you guys!!! Have fun. Have SO much fun. Gotta live it up before you have kids:) Miss you Mare!!

Becca said...

Honestly girl... this is like the Summer Of Dreams for the Killpacks! I was not aware of these plans prior to now. How exciting! What a wonderful summer you two have to look forward to. Selah!