4.24.2009

plain white tees and pick up sticks

devin is graduated from BYU. hip hip hooray.


after finishing our last final on tuesday we went home and as we were leaving noticed we had matching white t-shirts on... wierd. it feels good to have summer here.We celebrated our first our little family's first graduate by going to the new Five Guys by university mall. great atmosphere- but i think burger supreme has got them



The celebration continued with a long challenging game of pick up sticks with some home decor brought to us by IKEA. Some of the best 3 dollars i've ever spent.

Devin won 79-70Devin had Commencement. I think I cried at least 6 times, education is so empowering and beautiful.

We're off to convocation, some bbq, and packing up for the summer. I leave for tour with BYU on MONDAY- ah

7 comments:

Kendrick and Hailey said...

Yeah! Way to go Devin! I'm gonna miss you guys too much.... I don't like to think about it. You need to promise me we'll be friends until we're old and gray.:)

Britney and Kevin said...

Graduation...that's awesome! Good luck on tour Mare!

Unknown said...

I love your hair - way cute bangs. That's so exciting to be done with school for Devin! Have so much fun on your summer adventures

Tawny Christensen said...

AH! maril! what a dream! you guys look so supervelously (??) happy!! yay, i love you! tell dev congratssssssssssssssss, college grad!

The Felsted's said...

BEEP BEEP BEEP! My Mare Blog alert just went off! Oh man this post made me want to cry! Definitely a good happy rejoicing cry! Ha ha maybe I'm just too emotional:) I loved the part when you talked about education.. so true! And I loved all your pictures they are just beaming with the love that you and dev have for each other. Such perfect examples for me! I am going to miss you so much! I am coming over before you leave on monday! I really want to see you before you go! ha ha Cam wants to say hi to you guys, i'm going to pass the computer, Well, if it's not the Killpacks. Every day Jenn is always talking about how 'CUTE' you and dev are together. She once sent me a link to your blog over e-mail to check out how cute you and dev are! Haha, and it's true... but cute is a little too girly for me...I am way to masculine for that. Here's Jenn bye! So hey Mare how are you feeling about this blog comment because I'm loving it! Ha ha. Okay we must see each other soon! Ps. I talked to my dad all about the Meaningful life Group and he was so excited and proud I was trying to get involved. And I really want to thank you for introducing me to it and being such a great friend and example! I appreciate the influence you have in my life! Bye and good night! SO MUCH LOVE!!

naomi megan. said...

congrats! and you two look so adorable and happy! hope you're well girly!

Kayla said...

Congrats to Devin! that is so awesome! sounds like you guys need to have lots of fun because of such a great accomplishment!