7.28.2010

Heard this poem recently and find myself repeating the last two lines over and over again-it is that beautiful. Oh how I long to be a morning person, as most people that I admire are. Thankfully Devin is teaching me.

"I met God in the morning"

I met God in the morning
When the day was at its best,
And His presence came as sunshine,
Like a glory in my breast.

All day long His presence lingered,
All day long He stayed with me,
And we sailed in perfect calmness
O'er a very troubled sea.

Other ships were blown and battered,
Other ships were sore distressed,
But the winds that seemed to drive them,
Brought to me a peace and rest.

Then I thought of other mornings,
With a keen remorse of mind,
When I too had loosed the moorings,
With the presence left behind.

So, I think I know the secret,
Learned from many a troubled way:
You must seek God in the morning
If you want Him through the day!
By Ralph Cushman

pic in paris 2009

4 comments:

April said...

beautiful thought!

Jen and Lance said...

ok, so I have a lot to comment on..... This is a beautiful poem. I love it! I want to put it up somewhere I can see it every day. Also, I love Trio! It is charming with amazing food, what you ordered sounds yummy. AND.. best of all!! I can't believe you will be in Brussels during the carpet of flowers!!!! I went there after our Europe trip, loved it by the way, and was hoping so much that the carpet of flowers happened then. It is heaven sent Mare! You get to see one of the most beautiful things! Keep your posts coming! I love them.

Caitlin said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE this! What a great poem. I too struggle with the morning thing. I hope to get better at it.

hailey said...

What a great poem! I wish I had the drive to wake up at the crack of dawn like Kendrick does and study my scriptures. Theres another quote by Elder Eyering referring to the seeking the Lord early scripture...something like its the same in a day as in a lifetime. So good. I can't believe you leave so soon!!! Good luck!