8.04.2010

here we are

I am thinking i may try to log events from every day while we are here, excepting weekends.



pictures from my moving car of greater brussels area.


the half day we arrived plus day one:

sleeping fifteen hours after the awful jetlag.
not eating cause i was sleeping so much. waking up shakey. eating chocolate bars for breakfast.
sparkling water instead of water. guess i'll have to start liking this stuff.
a call to family and a few tears.
prophetic words, "hope ya know we had a hard time" soothing my soul.
realizing i'm not in utah anymore, fees to use public restrooms, i can wait.
pizza hut express: one large pizza=19.50 euros! guess we wont be eating out much.
2nd largest grocery chain next to walmart=carrefour. got sheets, dish scrubbers, food.
boxed milk, the kind that doesn't need to be refridgerated, is also not my favorite.
european yogurt on the other hand-mmmm can't get enough.
long drive through a part of brussels and mainly the country side, great.
absolutely dying to attend the ward on sunday.
really feeling the need to learn the language.
really feeling the Lord's love as I try and make this adjustment.
listening to mo-tab as i fell asleep and loving the lyrics that take me back to white christmas:
if you are worried and you can't sleep
just count your blessings instead of sheep
and you will fall asleep counting your blessings.

generally it was a day one full of growth. this experience is going to be really good for me

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved this update. You are such a darling. Good luck with the adjustment and all the new-ness of everything! Good thing that the gospel is true no matter where you are :) Love ya!

Sarah said...

What great adventures you'll have! You guys will do great things there. Good luck and do keep us posted! Love you guys.

Marian said...

yay!! i'm so excited for you and all the experiences you're going to have. sure love you!!

April said...

It's going to be amazing! :)

sherryandbryon said...

glad you made it safely! love you tons!!!

Andrew and Marissa said...

I just have to comment and say how touched I was by what you wrote! I am glad you made it their safely. Part of me wants to be there with you guys :) You are amazing, so I know everything will be great! Good luck! We love you.