9.08.2010

power of work.


completely irrelevant image from the embassy street in downtown bruxelles

in most recent years i've gone to school and taught dance. school, though a form of work, is not employment and dance can barely count as work cause i love it so. in essence then, this is my first job job. sometimes when i'm counting down the hours til i am off, i am gently reminded of this quote,

“There is not a single condition of life [or] one hour’s experience but what is beneficial to all those who make it their study, and aim to improve upon the experience they gain” (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Brigham Young[1997], 179).


...repeat...NOT A SINGLE HOUR but what is beneficial to those who make it their aim to improve upon the experience they gain! really? after recycling this quote through my mind, counting down the hours does not seem like i'm aiming to improve. work can be sometimes dull, but i've grown to love the time it gives me to think. this quote whips me into shape, turns on my ambition, and focuses my at times flighty brain to improve every SINGLE HOUR. and for the meantime that means going to bed! au revoir.

No comments: