9.08.2010

blogging on lunch break


after i declared all that inspiration to about hard work, here i am blogging on lunch break. alas, here is a minute from a momentous night at the killpack home. we needed something fantastic to eat on our new flea market plate so luckily had just the thing.

we tried our first belgian waffles!
pardon the gross pics.


regretfully the weren't from a street vendor(bound to try that soon) but the price=1.20 euro for ten waffles at the local bakery was much more tempting than the street vendor's 3 euro per sweet. don't let the bargain decieve-we were not prepared for how incredible they were. can't wait to get home to a belgain waffle maker and try my hand at mimicking them. in the meantime you'll have to make waffles for me and i'll just eat the storebought sweets:)

ps. i'm blogging on lunch break because tonight you'll remember we are going to listen to a prophets voice to hear the word of god. i'm practically bursting with anticipation.



4 comments:

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

great place for a photo! ...matches the plate ;)

A "cheery" disposition said...

what a cute plate. I also love your blog title

Bret and Cami said...

Mare, I have a favorite quote that I was reminded of today and I think it applies directly to you: "Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." - James Berry (author of Peter Pan). You bring sunshine into the life of everyone in your path and I know it makes you a sunny person too! Thank you!

The Felsted's said...

I just love you!