9.24.2010

no time for a run...

one of the few runners i've seen in belgium.

after our first BIG hail/thunder storm last night i was anxious for the morning to come. i usually am not this way. a recent free, and really short, e-book about how to maximize your mornings found on my favorite simplemom.net has encouraged me yet again. i love the author's connection between exercise, and God and morning time. it took a few minutes to read and many things were very impressive.

if nothing else, you gotta try her five minute workout. this neat lady exercises everyday, even if it is only five minutes. i never considered five minutes adequate time to burn some calories, but when i didn't fit in a run this past week, i experimented upon her word. boy, i will no longer give up on exercise even if it is just a few minutes. spare five minutes to try this and tell me if you were not whooped.

here are her own words:


"The Habit Workout
If I wake up late, don’t have time for a shower or just don’t want to
do much, I do my 5 minute workout. It’s a simple way to get good
exercise and no matter how busy my day is, I can usually fit it in.
Here’s what it looks like:
I set my watch timer for 5 minutes. I must complete my workout
within that time. This keeps me from falling asleep on the floor after
doing my situps. Don’t laugh. I’ve done it.
As soon as the timer starts, I do 10 pushups, roll over for 30 bicycle
crunches, and stand up for 10 squats. That takes about a minute
and I do it 5 times. If I’m doing my exercises well, my arms, back,
legs and tummy are burning by the end. Then I collapse in a heap
and bask in my sense of accomplishment.
And it only took 5 minutes."

3 comments:

Mark, Eko and Leoniss Burroughs said...

I will try that for sure. I also never thought 5 minutes was good enough but i guess its good enough to get your day started and on the good, even on busy days. Thanks for sharing that. q

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

I'll do it! It'll be so fast it will entertain Lissy and then I CAN exercise!

Julie said...

love the "tid bit" of advice. I've been reading that blog for a few months now thanks to you. :)