10.27.2010

1/2 point five 50%

i'm half way to a birthday as of this week. normally my half birthday in october passes without my recognition, but i realized a few weeks ago that it was coming up and got all excited. we made belgium chocolate cake to celebrate. i scouts-honor-promised devin could eat the whole rest of the cake, after my yummy piece was gone. we were both happy campers.
 we played the very merry unbirthday song, and then devin demonstrated "the carlton", from fresh prince-dunno how i missed out on such a dance move like that until now. it all was worthy of a half birthday

pics from rainy brussels saturday





i exaggerated yesterday, maybe there is fall here in belgium. but this is one of the few trees i've seen that changed color.


i selfishly started what i hope to keep as a half birthday tradition for our family. it was a friendly reevaluation checkpoint, a half way mark, and who doesn't love a reason for some extra cake?



4 comments:

unit 5 design said...

I must say that your guy's posts keep me entertained at work. They also make me want to travel too. You guys look like your having an awesome time out there. Keep up the cool travel log and have fun!

bev said...

A very worthy extra celebration! love mom

sherryandbryon said...

happy half birthday! i agree... we always need more reasons to have cake! :)

April said...

:) Ha! You & I have a lot in common. Today is my half birthday - and I bought myself some new boots. :) Love it! Only six months to work on my 23 - new me goals! Oh well!