10.29.2010

trois jour weekend

as commercial as these belgians claim our american halloween to be, you can't refute that, i will be thinking halloween thoughts this weekend, and i'm wearing halloween socks from thriller four years ago to prove loyalty.

i will miss seeing the color orange everywhere. i will miss eating reeces ghosts, goblins, ghouls or whatever shape they are selling this year. i will miss seeing my nieces and nephews clad in wigs, make-up, and plastic in the hopes for a day becoming their ultimate idol: ariel or dinos. i will miss seeing my parents pizazz come out as they don a cleverly planned costume so opposite of their true nature: a pirate judge or the wicked witch. i will miss decorating pumpkin sugar cookies with my beloved family. no costumes needed, no screams, or scares. just love. such a simple tradition we've had for---to say it this way: i think the pumpkin cookie cutter that has made thousands of waistline spreading goodies is older than i am---that is how long we've been making pumpkin sugar cookies. i love family.

we're off for a three day weekend. not because of halloween, but all saints day. 
we took our first night snapshots and the candlelit streets were as spooky as it got here...






2 comments:

Collette said...

Marilee! I just found your blog through Angel's blog- ahh you guys are so cute. Looks like you are having an amazing trip.
I miss you being in my sewing class. I am in intermediate right now and have a love/hate relationship with it :)

my blog is collyle.blogspot.com

Hope you dont mind me stalking you

Unknown said...

You are too cute. What an amazing experience to live out of the states for a while.