11.01.2010

leonardo davinci: "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."

 
hope your halloween was a delight.
i saw one carved pumkin at a food market and it someone may as well have given me a golden ticket, i was so thrilled. i also got an extra hour of daylight savings sleep. the best things in life are free.

today is a holiday. it sounded like Christmas with our playlist of 180+ yuletide beats chalk full of the classics, the wacky, and the instrumental, all blaring at 10 am. it looked like Christmas with fog that you could lose your bearings in settling over us. it felt like Christmas with a hearty breakfast, no work, and a slow morning. with all this time to anticpate, i'm betting my bottom dollar our Christmas will top the charts this year.

i've been replaying this video for a few weeks. i get goosebumps, and heavenly thoughts when i listen to her lay her heart out on her sleeve. time for you to experience it if you haven't seen it yet. time for me to follow her lead and share what is currently dear to my heart, unmasked by the eloquent words of someone wiser. Simply:
 i'm grateful for Jesus Christ. my whole desire is to follow Him, to do whatever He asks of me, to obey Him. despite distractions and weakness, that is all i have ever wanted. it is worth any effort, any sacrifice, any struggle. He is real, and i've felt of my need for Him, and His presence hasten to my aid, more in the past few months than ever before.
that's all.

2 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I love that candid shot!

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

:) I hope you know all this smile means. I could think of no other way to convey my feelings on the latter part of this post.