11.02.2010

they should have gone to amsterdam

i've got fond childhood memories of a read-a-long book on tape that sang the song, three jolly fishermen. it always made us giggle, and my brothers and i still joke about it. i hope you know it, laugh with me:


There were three jolly fishermen
There were three jolly fishermen
Fisher, fisher, men, men, men
Fisher, fisher, men
There were three jolly fishermen


They should've gone to Amsterdam
They should've gone to Amsterdam
Amster, Amster, sh, sh, sh
Amster, Amster, sh
They should've gone to Amsterdam


i love that my saintly mother let us listen to this silly song as youngsters. we should have gone to amsterdam a few weeks back, though rotterdam is closer, we should've gone to amsterdam. we learned our lesson, and sang my childhood song on the way up to one of our favorite cities. 














many people have given us strange looks when we tell them we are off to amsterdam, but i won't retreat, i love amsterdam. sure we steer clear of the redlight district, and there are a few strange smelling smokes here and there, but we sure aren't gonna let that get in the way of canals, crammed bikes, colored leaves, and crooked buildings. plus it runs in my blood, dutch ancestry, so i don't dare miss out on soakin it all up. 

2 comments:

Prina Family said...

Great pictures!
Um, you know how you posted on my blog about a month ago and I never answered? Im sorry! I have been VERY busy and never have time to comment or always look at other blogs. But you can get my cookie recipe on my recipe blog (sierrasrecipes.blogspot.com)
Yeah, I have a job! Its the most wonderful blessing for us! I work for Johns sister. I go to her house in provo 3 times a week and babysit, clean and do whatever she needs. I can take the kids and they love playing with their cousins.
Last, the place we stayed in Logan was called Edgewood. It is our brother-in-laws parents vacation home. It is crazy.
I miss you. I love catching up on your adventures, im SOOO jealous!

sherryandbryon said...

when you get home, you guys need to make a book of all these amazing pictures you're taking! you are so good at capturing all the beauty around you. i love coming to your blog. :)