10.20.2010

teeny tiny itsy bitsy little luxembourg







little luxembourg has a more formal name than that, much more formal actually. the grand duchy of luxembourg is our neighboring country, and is quite different than belgium, which i find fascinating. they have cheaper gas, a different flag, bigger hills, their own language, and most noticeably was the absense of brick in architecture, which is all there is here in belgium. all the colorful plastered buildings reminded me of both scandinavia and san fran-we called the mix scan fran. i stood on the oldest structure of my life: casemates bock, built around 900 BC. i didnt buy a plate, but i found one. i guess well have to go back.  it was raining hard while we were there. i welcomed all the rain that could fit in my boots, until my toes were numb. time for new boots i guess.

1 comment:

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

Adam and I have always wanted to go there! ...not sure why, but now I can see we should keep the dream alive :) What marvelous adventures! Kate leaves today on her mission. Tender. I called her to say goodbye. She'll be great. You're great, too! I miss my friends. 4 leaf5ites ;)