11.16.2010

meet my namesake

this is aunt marilee, my mothers sister. she is serving a full-time mission in mexico currently. her defining characteristic lies in her name, she is merry. her name is her guide. i love having someone to live up to, a namesake. i love being called aunt marilee, just like i so lovingly called her.


I think this is why i've always loved Helaman 5:6, because I can relate to Nephi and Lehi.  


"Helaman, Their father, named them Nephi and Lehi to remind them of the faith of their fathers. Likewise, many of us have embedded in our names a legacy of faith from ancestors who had soft hearts and found it easy to believe the word of God."


are you named after anyone?

1 comment:

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

Rachel Judd, the fifth wife of Jacob Hamblin. I don't know much else about her, but I'm tryin' to find out.