11.15.2010

petite français

when my dad observed his first full ballet class last year he said to me afterward, "that was three hours of another language." it's true for any field of work-computer terms, anatomy names, fabric types, etc-we just have to learn the language. i should thank my heavenly stars that i took a few ballet classes in my day because if you know ballet, you can practically speak the language of love.

croix-cross
pas de chat-cat
glisse-glide
corps-body
en haut-top
tombé-fall
passé-past
coupé-cut
frappé-hit

sad that it took me coming across the puddle to realize that people actually use these words. whether at church, in the store, while reading the book of momon, or listening to a colleague, i usually flinch everytime i come across them, and proceed to rush to devin telling him that one of those words someone said was from ballet. my french is pathetic, almost as pathetic as the picture below. laughs on me. happy monday world.



3 comments:

bev said...

ah, doux souvenirs, mon cher...
love you, mom

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

three favorite things of this post: your mother commenting, fabric, and your adorable pic. It all starts somewhere :)

Michelle and Brady said...

Your are so cute i love you mare!!