10.14.2011

i've got a new found mantra

it comes from something devin shared with me from conference. speaking to the men president eyring said, "To give the {priesthood} service the Lord expects of us will take more and more self-discipline every day of our lives." essentially, what devin shared with me and what i love is,

---exercise more self discipline everyday---



it's not hard to get discouraged by all that i need to improve about me, but this seems manageable. only a prophet can make it sound appealing and possible. i really can exercise a little more self discipline everyday. it has been my rallying cry the past two days. i've used it to help me not give in and make that useless, but tasty, batch of chocolate chip cookies that I would probably eat almost entirely alone. i've used it in a rush when i would be prone to speed on the highway to calm down and take it slow. i've used it instead of wasting time online, to contact a long lost friend. i even used it when i desperately wanted anything but to prep, boil, cut, and freeze all that gross raw chicken that had been sitting in my fridge needing tending to. it doesn't mean i haven't gotten impatient, or selfish, or greedy, but this simple motto has really helped. that's all. 
let me know if this saves you from any extra calories or car accidents:)
have a grand weekend.

2 comments:

April said...

i loved this - and ate my chocolate chips guiltily while i wasted time on the computer - so inspiring though! :) haha! i need self-discipline!

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

:) Thanks. And you look a-mazing.