12.15.2011

they gave up their christmas

i watched this touching movie today. it put me in my place, it's not about having or getting this christmas.
this christmas is going to be a first for me. none of my siblings or parents will be around. grandparents and brothers just left for el salvador for christmas to be with my parents. others will be with their in-laws.  i know what you're probably thinking. you're 23 now mare, and a mother, and you have dev and cope to celebrate with. time to grow up girl. true, and thank heavens i have my own little blessed family. i'm in awe of anyone who has spent christmas away from family. literally i adore you. how do you do it? i guess i'm just being forced to grow up, though not doing it very well, and still want my other family too for christmas.
i'm grateful for the more selfless example of others that helps me realize what blessings i have, what little sacrifices i make on christmas, and what more i can give.




1 comment:

Ellery Pugmire said...

I love that video. We watched it in church on Sunday. magical. good luck with your Christmas. I'm sure Devin will take perfect care of you. xoxo