5.01.2008

Fainting Spell

I had my first exposure to fainting today. We we're visiting the Boston Temple. It is always a breathtaking experience to visit a new temple. We live just a few miles away, and with the first sunny morning in a few days we wanted to go. While there I noticed I started getting shaky. Within the course of less than one minute the following dialogue whipped around in my head:
"Did I eat breakfast this morning?"
"Of course. I never skip any meal."
"Do I just have a headache?"
"Maybe, but I'm feeling really woozy and it's pretty sudden."
"Whoa, I think I'm fainting"
"Could be, but just keep your head up, don't let it bob or people will be scared for you, and finish what you're doing!"
"But my head is too heavy, and everything is starting to turn black, and I need people to be scared for me cause I think I'm dying!! oh my dear, This is what dying is! I didn't getta say goodbye."
"Well I'm holding my sweetheart's hand, I'll just squeeze it as my final I love you"
"Wussy squeeze but I think he noticed. Oh it's too dark to tell!"
"Is my head still on my neck? I'm certain I just bobbed, I couldn't help it. Or maybe I died." "Well, no where better to go than the temple."
hahahah. I didn't die, or faint, but had it been a few more seconds I probably would have. I must've been saved by an angel, cause I thought I was a gonner. Devin was right there and helped me to a chair passing by a mirror. Man, I know I'm naturally pale, but no joke, I was white. It was horrifying, but I lived to tell this funny story. Kudos to anyone who has fainted. And thanks to the temple for the saltines and box of apple juice- I owe ya!

8 comments:

bev said...

woah! I've never done that at the temple.

Unknown said...

mare!!! oh my gosh - scary! braedon passed out giving blood the other day and stopped breathing for a minute. but i'm glad you're okay! i miss you tons. i'm so glad you're a blogger :) ours is ryanandalayne.blogspot.com. hope you are doing well in boston. call me sometime you get a minute. mwah!

Sierra and Ryan said...

Mare! Hi! I am glad I found your blog! I hope all is going well! Why are you guys out on the east coast? Miss you!

Curt & Cassie Ford said...

Hey mare! I am so glad you are a blogger. You are in Boston, that means you are with Jeff and Sharlee, and swick. I hope everything is going good for you guys. The girls and I will be heading to Cali in 15 days. I can't hardly wait:)

melissa marie said...

Mare! Mummy misses you. Oh the good times we had together. Was last year not the BEST!! BTW I heard that song on the radio like twice this week . . . you gotta be bad you gotta be cool. Just a visual image of craig at red robin. Ahhh I miss you so much. Are you guys selling apx alarms then? Keep in touch I love you!

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

Hey Mare this is Teresa from center stage along time ago. I saw your blog on cassies and checked you out. MY little boys name is Boston. I would love to go there how fun.

My blog is private but if you want to check it out e-mail me at tntwilson05@gmail.com and I will add you.

sherryandbryon said...

Hi Mare, I just saw your comment that was asking about how to post a video. There is an icon right next to the icon you push to upload pictures that uploads videos to your blog. It's really easy. There's also other sites you can use that upload videos. We use one called jumpcut.com sometimes, but it's probably easier just to upload it straight to your blog like I explained above. Call me if you need help. LOVE YA!
sher

Anonymous said...

Marilee,

Guess what. I've fainted twice and both have been very embarrassing. The first time was in front of missionaries that came over to my house and the second was while giving a talk in sacrament. The part of fainting that was embarrasing was that when I fell down my skirt came over my head, I landed right in front of the bishopbric, and the sacrament was full of people because it was a homecoming for a missionary. Poor missionary who was so innocent until he saw everything underneath my skirt. But yeah that is my stories. I hope you guys are having a great time in Boston. WE miss you guys. And I'm sorry that you fainted! I hate it because you get sick, sweaty, and yes you get so pale!