5.28.2008

Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Copy-Cat

My friends and I out here are getting into cooking. Its what we do late at night while waiting for our starving boys to come home. My friend tried this the other night. It made enough for four of us to eat and leftovers. YUM. Its also really simple.


1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 cube butter-dont substitute margarine
2 Tbls cream cheese
3/4 C Parmesan cheese. The finely grated kind that comes in a canister thingy
1 teas garlic powder. We added a little bit more
pepper to taste

Melt the cream cheese and butter. Add Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Stir with wisk. Slowly pour in the heavy cream. Add pepper to taste, stirring constantly over medium heat for a few minutes. Dont wait for it to thicken. Serve with noodles. Make sure you dont rinse the noodles after straining them. They loose the capacity to absorb the sauce, because the sauce thickens from the starch from the noodles.
VOILA. easy eh? It's so similiar too, I was caught off guard. Make me rethink paying 12 bucks for it at the restuarant again. We're trying Cafe Rio copy cat recipe for Sunday. I'll let you know if it's a hit.

No comments: