7.31.2008

the big bad charles river

the charles river divides boston and cambridge. when you take the subway into town you go over the bridge and see all these boats on the charles. I had a friend tell me you could kayak the charles river. ever since i've been dying to go. this morning we went with the lloyds!





good morning!










eve has such a killer swimsuit-thanks to urban. i want one!








there were water lilies! naturally, we burst into song singing "consider the lilies of the field." we chased some geese and were fascinated as they water skied, got an arm workout, and had a blast. it was a perfect start of the day!

6 comments:

matt and eve lloyd said...

That was so fun!! I feel so cool that I did something like that. I'm usually such a wussy girl. Thanks so much for letting us come along!! We loved it! See you soon :)

Megan said...

mare, did you take that first pic, or find it on the internet?? i love it. i want it! :) outdoor activities are THE BEST! i love kyaking, we should go when you get back... one of the many things we should do :D love you!
(19 days...the countdown continues)
xoxo

Mark, Eko and Leoniss Burroughs said...

i wanted to go, how come i was not invited.

CharLee Carn said...

How fun is kayaking! :) That looked like you guys had a blast! You guys are soooo good of getting up in the mornings and ACTUALLY doing stuff...me and jeff were sleeping while you were doing that probably!! Ha how sad is that? But I love ya lots and I'm so happy to have you here with me in the summer! Once I'm done with school we are going places haha! Get us out of these apartments and see the world I say ha ha! Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

Mar,

You were made for the East Coast! I think it would be so fun to live over there. It suits you. I miss you! We had a family get together at Grandma and Grandpa Killpack's house. I can't wait till you guys get back because then I'll have someone to talk too!

meg-a-liscious said...

I found you!!!