7.28.2008

going green

in an effort to live a bit more simply and a bit more green devin and i are selling my 2001 Toyota Camry and turning into a one car family for the next 2 years. i've been wanting to do this for a while and devin just agreed to this morning!!! i know it is easier to live more like the savior-be more of the world and not in it-when life is more about what really matters. plus, i will no longer be sending my life's fortune to fund lavish spending by the gas monopolists in the middle east. i'm buying a bike! GO GREEN
ps know anyone interested in a car? send me a line. or if you know any sweet bike shops or deals-do the same. thanks.

5 comments:

Mark, Eko and Leoniss Burroughs said...

You are so cute, you are always trying to be more like the savior. I admire you. I have been trying to do the same this summer but have been strogling a little in the last few weeks but i started reading my scriptures again so lets see how this goes. Good luck on your going green plan.

Megan said...

YEAH! you sound like me in my first two years of marriage :) i loved riding a bike, except for the snowy seasons, of course, but thats when jeff sacrificed and let me take the truck! we can ride around together sometime. i'm sick of these insane gas prices as well :( ugh!

Tina said...

Way to go Mare. Before we had the boys we only had one car and I was in better shape than I am now. I have started riding my bike quite a bit this summer and the calf muscles are getting definition again. We love Mad Dog Cycles in Orem and Provo.

Julie said...

way to go! Sharing a car really isn't that bad especially when you are students. Brock and I had one car our last year in College. I actually think it's a great thing to have to work together with your schedules and all. You don't realize how selfish it really is when you each have your own car and only have to worry about where you need to go and when.

mckell said...

You are so good! Sorry I know I'm a little behind the times, but I love reading your blog when I get the chance. I've been trying to convince Mike we could do with one car too. He just bought himself a bike and is LOVING it. Haha. So hopefully in the not-so-distant future. :)