7.26.2008

42 hours later

i'm home. the 6.30 am bus got me there in time to take class at noon-Bec and i had a blast dancing again, although I can barely walk. We took a man driven bicycle carriage ride through the park. igor from belarus, or yoga as he said we could call him, took advantage of some naive girls and charged us 60 dollars for the ride- and we simply let him. o bother.


bec has so much to give. she has style comin out her eyeballs, perfectly groomed nails, a heart as full as my tummy was from this trip, love for her family, the ability to share the gospel with so many and room to find time for weasley marilee. i adore you bec. hope you had a good one-thanks!



welcome to the inspiration for my plate collection: Alice's Tea Cup. this dainty place serves you on mismatched china. too bad i couldnt buy a plate there. i'm still on the hunt.



the three musketeers.




this trip was exhausting. you take these buses from chinatown boston to chinatown nyc. i left bec at 3, took the subway just in time to be the last person to board @ 4.05. 'course all that is left is the back row, corner. the seat is literaly 7 inches from my face. there was a friendly illegal pot smoking in the bathroom man, and i walked into my loves arms at 11.30 pm. wont be adventuring there again anytime soon.

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
matt and eve lloyd said...

Oh my gosh!! I'm so jealous!! That looks so dreamy. I'm glad you got to go!! How fun going to a dance class. It sounds like you did some really cool stuff!

Tina said...

I am glad you got to have this trip to NYC. I love New York and want to visit again. It has been too long.

Julie said...

Can I just say that I am so with you on the miss matched plates idea. I have had the EXACT same thoughts...even the part about getting them from places we've visited. I think it's a great idea. And Mare, I love your comments. They always make me happy.

melissa marie said...

Mare, I'm so jealous. I miss NY. I totally tried to buy a plate from Alice's teacup when we were there last summer and was bummed they don't sell. Hope you found one somewhere else. Love you!

Becca said...

Holy guacamole! (or maybe dr. guacamole.) Your post contains the sweetest words ever composed by anyone. How grateful I am for your tremendous kindness and awe-inspiring friendship. You are such a Christ-like person, listening to my ongoing complaints and putting up with my many frivolous actions. Thanks again for locomoting all the way up to the Big Apple to see me. I love you completely to bits and pieces, Mrs. Eeliram Killpack!