6.24.2009

devins dream mini

this past week devin got an early birthday present: a test drive in a old mini cooper. they have many in san fran and we drove an hour after dance to take one for a spin.
a few of the things that surprised me about the ole cooper:
-power steering. for those of you that dont know what that means, and i didn't, you are literally the one turning the car, aka its really hard.
-the trunk was big enough to put my lunch bag and nothing more.
-the walls of the car are almost as thin as tin foil(turned me off to ever buying one).
-it's height!! my head touched the ceiling in the back, what would someone reasonably tall do?
so very cute. so very fun. so very glad we aren't going to buy one-don't let devin see that. ps its his GOLDEN B.DAY TOMORROW!!!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Devin! We hope you have a great day!
Love,
The Dunns

Tina said...

My first car was a mini just like this one but red. I loved it so much and I want another one.

melissa marie said...

i don't think i could live without excessive trunk room in my car; i basically live in my car. are you loving san fran? give us a low down of exactly what you are doing and how much your dancing?

Britney and Kevin said...

Ah, you guys look cute in a mini! Too bad! (I wouldn't want to get one either...Kevin wouldn't fit anyways). Happy B-day Devin!

Tawny Christensen said...

maril. i love this! ha, even if the ride is dangerous, ill equipped for mishaps, and a bit skimpy on the room aspect of automobiles, you look--as you so amply coined it--SMASHING! ha. in heaven devin can have one of these minis. then gas mileage won't even be an issue.

dear friend, i was over at the melvilles the other day, and becky informed me of your odd apartment piping situation, and how dear bev had to recently de-activate your long-standing there. ha, where will you live come fall! what an adventure life is. :) i know you're rolling with the punches (probably literally) as you're dancing with (and in) the stars. you're an angel. sayonara sweetness.