8.12.2010

day neuf

my father has shared this quote on more than one occasion:

"Teach our members that if they have a good, miserable day once in a while, or several in a row, to stand steady and face them. Things will straighten out.

There is great purpose in our struggle in life."

-Boyd K. Packer

i have had reason to meditate on that quote the past week or so, but....today was our BEST day yet....nothing like a good solid day full of inspiring things and good blessings.
after a little nudge, the final thing i did last night before zonking out was write a favorite line of our cherished prophet in my journal, making sure it took up the entire page: "the future is as bright as your faith." this past week was not always bright, my faith i'm sure the cause. but today, today was our day. it's funny how displaying even just a little faith(mine is smaller than mustard seeds) and immediately He sends blessings. i can't name them all, but at least one was a good dinner at a chinese place paid for by the boss:)
the future is looking bright.
...sorry for the lack of pics

3 comments:

Jen and Lance said...

Mare! I can't even tell you how much I love your day to day posts. So glad you moved there for just that reason. Loving all the quotes and good talks to read. Don't even mind the lack of pics, your word are great enough! I was just to lunch with a friend who lived there with her husband last summer and she said it was hard, but now looks back and misses it a lot. So you'll be missing these days in the future. Hope all is well! Love ya!

sherryandbryon said...

hang in there, mare! our most rewarding experiences in life are also sometimes the most difficult. i'm sure you'll look back someday and just cherish this expeience. change is hard, though, so keep having faith and you will be blessed. love you tons!

Sierra Prina said...

Thank you so much for that first quote. And I have always LOVED the 2nd quote by President Monson (its even on my blog to remind me) I have complete Faith that heavenly Father has a plan for me and I trust that plan, but Its so hard to "stand steady" and face my miserable days sometimes. I have been having a bout of miserable days so thank you so much for the inspiration! I hope (and ill pray) you will keep having good days, I love you!