8.10.2010

day sept

today was nothing spectacular, not bad but not great. i wasn't in my normal spirits, and not quite at home with things and while making dinner these words helped:

"The challenge to remember has always been the hardest for those who are blessed abundantly. Those who are faithful to God are protected and prospered. That comes as the result of serving God and keeping His commandments. But with those blessings comes the temptation to forget their source. It is easy to begin to feel the blessings were granted not by a loving God on whom we depend but by our own powers."

from the beloved Pres. Eyring

"Be thankful that sometimes God lets you struggle for a long time before that answer comes. Your character will grow; your faith will increase. There is a relationship between those two: the greater your faith, the stronger your character; and increased character enhances your ability to exercise even greater faith."

from the all knowing Elder Scott

Thank heavens for living prophets whose words unceasingly bring our spirits up, and our heavenly home nearer.

1 comment:

The Felsted's said...

Oh I miss you! I needed some good words this morning so I knew if I came to your blog I would be inspired! I miss you! I'll have to send you an email! I love reading your posts. Keep posting! So happy you are having this experience!