8.16.2010

fleurs


i'm giving up with counting days. it's getting old, gonna be too hard to continue, and i can only count to nineteen in french, woops.

weekend was spent working overtime, and then relaxing.
sunday we attended the most wonderful ward, different from last week. i made my first belgian friend: a four year old in a pink dress. she came up to me in sacrament meeting and we were fast pals instantly without even a word of exchange. there are three couples our age in the ward and many english speakers. it feels like home. answered prayer.
we headed into the city for the biennial flower carpet. first time exploring the downtown of any city always takes my breath away-so new, so much to see, endless places to wander, and a new culture to observe. the flowers were incredible but the grand place or surrounding square was quite the rivalry for them. here's to a new week, fresh start, and brand new day.









4 comments:

Hilary F. said...

I've been there! It's GORGEOUS! I'm so jealous you got to see the flowers, my dad showed me pictures from his mission. And I love the buildings in that square, beautiful!

C&N Sherman said...

So neat! I'm so glad you called, please call if you need anything else!

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

lovely place. Kaye Judd would love it.

sherryandbryon said...

beautiful, mare! so glad you got to go!