8.30.2010

three parts

this post has two parts:

part i. a realization:
i have a uniform at work. the last time i had a uniform was ballet class in 11th grade. therefore, whenever we go out and i get to choose what to wear, i always pick a skirt or dress. realizing that i've only worn skirts and dresses since we've been here led me to think about how great it is that the distinguishment between men and women on public bathroom doors-which carries across all languages and is understood in all countries-is, essentially, a skirt. a little triangle thing for a dainty distinguishment. thank my lucky stars for them.


part ii. the difference between a belgian ladies' room and an american ladies' room:

i think i make my point clear without much explanation...
...except look at the skirt! it's plaid.
...oh and since when are bathroom lady's in color, have hairdos, and wear heels??
...my favorite thing about her may be her full figure.
...one last thing. make any difference that this sign is from the ladies' room at our church? does for me:)

part iii. a story:
it was in this bathroom that i had my first french experience alone. this is how it went down.
.me washing my hands after using the restroom.
.woman comes out of the next stall to wash her hands.
.she says something to me in french.
.i smile and walk out.
you guys i'm awful!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I love reading about your adventures abroad! Have so much fun!