9.02.2010

has been's, since's, and if only's...

...humor has been a saving grace lately, since long work days always have room for laughs. if only i was as funny as devin pretends i am.
...healthier hair has been my fortune recently, since i blew fuses and retired my blow dryer till we return. if only i didn't look like a "lion" -to quote devin's endearing description of my mane.
...devin has been joining me in running the past month, since i'm too scared to go alone. if only we could run as long as we did today everyday.
...sunshine has been making me happy this week, since clear skies are a rarity. if only i could store it up in a little monsters-inc bottle for when skies are grey.
...the dog around the corner has not been receiving kind thoughts from me, since he howls/moans/barks all night long. if only he'd stop barking.
...learning has been on my mind now, since i wont be going back to school with everyone else. if only i could've forseen the future need for french.
...my mother has been my main heart throb today, since i haven't gotten my daily talk time in. if only she could sing me my favorite lullaby i'd fall asleep better:

you are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
you make me happy when skies are grey.
you'll never know dear how much i love you.
please don't take my sunshine away.

the first glimpse from hitting the beach last week. soaking up the sun:)

1 comment:

Misty said...

That's the song I sing to Baby Lia each night before bed! Lovely. Have you received any of my emails? (I may be sending them to an old address...?)

You two look like you're having a ball! Belgium is lucky to have you ;)