8.27.2010

waterloo

we live right next to waterloo.
as in the waterloo.
as in our ward boundaries include waterloo.
as in napolean and the battle of waterloo.
as in the waterloo that is talked about in blindside. let me quote it for you, because i have forgotten and it makes me smile:

-Name the combatants in the battle of Waterloo.
-I know that one. Umm the little guy, Napoleon...

-He was on one side and...
-...and Duku's on the other.

-Duke of Wellington.
-Yeah the Duke of Wellington. and Russia or something.

-Prussia.


well we were driving to the city and saw a hill, very atypical here, so we pulled over and found waterloo. easy as that. we walked around the battle grounds, too many euros to go up the hill, made friends with this dog, and loved that we just bumped into this place.

trivia:next time you watch that great flick look closely and you'll see a mess up. in the quiz michael takes he answers Germany as the location. now we all know more than a moviestar. you're welcome.

1 comment:

The Felsted's said...

For our HOC creativity project let's re-inact the battle at Waterloo, what do you say? OH my goodness! I miss you!! Wish we could chat. I am Jennica Myra Faye Felsted now! I love reading your blog, keep writing. LOVE YOU GUYS!