4.21.2011

don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till it's gone...

silly as the song is... tis true.

sometimes i yearn to remember what it feels like to be confident in a face without much makeup. i love you little tyke, but the 'pregnancy glow' has not been my fortune to experience. just the opposite in fact. i've never felt so self-conscious of my blemished skin as right now. of course my complexion does not take precedence over this little fella on the way, and i dare not complain. i simply find it unfortunate that it requires taking things away for me to realize what i had.

positively, it has forced me to try harder than ever to have a radiant spirit. i remember sister tanner's sharing a quote from her mother about beauty. she shared this when i was in high school, 

"You must do everything you can to make your appearance pleasing, but the minute you walk out the door, forget yourself and start concentrating on others."


a shiny, but clear, face from our first married summer together. sigh. it will come back wont it?

4 comments:

Leoniss said...

I did have that glowing everyone talks about when i was pregnant with eko and I took it for granted as well. now with this pregnancy i look worse than a teen boy. I hated it. my first few weeks of pregnancy i would get 5 new scars from breaking out a day. i really hope they clear out and go away after the baby is out. But trust me my love, you look cuter, skinnier, and better than me so be happy.

sherryandbryon said...

you are ALWAYS beautiful, inside and out. i haven't noticed that your skin has changed at all, but if it has, don't worry... it is normal and it will go back! love you and looking forward to this weekend!!! :)

Dave Felsted said...

Dear Mare,

You are SO beautiful! And I really appreciated your words.

LOVE

Jenn

Julie said...

I have the same "curse" during my pregnancies. With Cole it was a lot better so hopefully that pattern continues. It 's rough and I totally know how you feel but you are so beautiful. It's just the begininning of the sacrifices you will make for your little ones. It's hard but so worth it.