4.19.2011

in the spirit

i have really been getting into easter this season. that being said, i have only had one bag of mini eggs so maybe i'm not quite there yet. 


but-i'm talking about the spirit of easter. for some unknown reason i catch my self belting out the hymn, "he is risen" while stirring the saucepan full of something for supper. i usually let my excitement for general conference crowd out the joy of easter, so this year i'm grateful they are separate.


i recently read our prophets words in the latest ensign that say, "No words in Christendom mean more to me than those spoken by the angel to the weeping Mary Magdalene and the other Mary as they approached the tomb to care for the body of their Lord: “Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen” (Luke 24:5–6)." 



of all the words that could mean something to our prophet-these meant the most! that was surprising to me. i have questioned myself since reading those words-do i feel that way too? i'm no where close to the prophet, but this bold statement of his has helped me try to do those things that will put my heart in the right place this easter season, and for me that includes singing over the stovetop and eating cadbury eggs:)





1 comment:

Jen and Lance said...

Mare! I absolutely love you. I wish I was in your kitchen to witness the singing. Thanks for the inspiration to be more filled with the Easter spirit! Love you and hope the little bump in your belly is doing well.