4.18.2011

weekend funnies

-it was noon on friday before i realized that i had forgotten to put on mascara that morning.
-i got a leg cramp in the middle of the night that forced me to writhe around the bed in pain unaware of anything else. i am now known as the steamroller.
-saturday i let my hair air dry, something that was my daily ritual in europe but i haven't done in a while.
-when younger, devin once shook the ranch dressing so hard is spewed all over the kitchen and he's never lived it down. he did a reenactment yesterday and i was the lucky witness and recipient. 
-after lunch on sunday i couldn't button up my yellow skirt. i wore it to a meeting unbuttoned, with a shirt to cover it of course.

Someone shared Marjorie Pay Hinckley's quote with me this weekend, and i've loved it. "How did a nice girl like me get into a mess like this?" Sometimes I take life too seriously. Life is funny, and, at times, it deserves to be laughed about.





5 comments:

bree lena said...

you are a beauty my dear!

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

I wore things unbuttoned. Rock the belly, baby! ...or baby belly? ;) ha

The Photo Pharm said...

mare!!!

Jordan and I play a game called steamroller where we do just that. Freak out, but not because of a leg cramp.

I miss you too much. Too much. :(

Unknown said...

love the quote. love you - thanks for the shower. it was sooooooo lovely to see you!!! good luck with the leg cramps :)

sherryandbryon said...

mare, the picture of you in front of the temple is SO beautiful. you look great! :) sorry about the leg cramps... that's no fun.