4.08.2011

vistas of the early hours

today i woke up at 5:40 without an alarm. i haven't been much of a morning person, until lately. i started a full time job that requires i wake up at 6 everyday. i love knowing that my dad is sitting at the kitchen table reading scriptures when i wake up. i love that finally i am among many other wise men and women of the world that are already up and at 'em. i love knowing that i beat devin to the shower, which means he gets to make the bed. i love the curious moment of peeking out the blinds each morning, never knowing what weather you are gonna get. i love how morning sounds. i love all the beautiful vistas on the drive to salt lake that are unique to the east bench of davis county. i love feeling so exhausted in the evening that i can't keep my eyes open past a decent hour. mostly, i love that God is helping me change a habit that i was not proud of.

i don't love eating breakfast while driving-who has the discipline to get ready early enough to sit down and eat breakfast? i don't love 8 story parking garages. i don't like not having dinner ready for devin when i'd like. but mostly, i love that God takes care of us, whenever we do our very best and trust in him for the rest.

brianhead, ut 10.07

4 comments:

The Photo Pharm said...

well i love you. and i miss you.

i called you. call me back little lady. :)

Ellery Pugmire said...

yay for updates on "life is but a dream". i need more marilee in my life. xoxo- elle

Dave Felsted said...

I just love your inspirations!

Dave Felsted said...

also I think I am signed in under Dave's account, so what ever comes up, it's me Jennica! haha